Friday, August 5, 2011

The Many Voices of Dorothy

I think I have mentioned in this blog once or twice about how Dorothy does not much like to walk.  Ahem.  As my long-suffering readers know, Dorothy has a habit of sitting down in the middle of the sidewalk and refusing to budge.  News flash!  Ho-hum.  Etc.

Lately, however, I've noticed a new occurrence when Dorothy sits, and that is that passers-by now feel compelled to give Dorothy a voice.  So for example, I'm walking slowly along pulling Dorothy hither, when Dorothy decides nope, that's it, she will sit, thank you very much.  Well from my left I might then hear someone say, "I'm tired!"  And from the right, someone will add, "I'm not moving!"  And maybe someone coming up behind will quip, "I don't wanna walk!"

And all of these proclamations are supposed to be from the mouth of Dorothy, my pup.

This is a little weird, no?

I mean, I make my pets speak often, but generally IN THE PRIVACY OF MY OWN HOME.  And they are my pets!  I don't feel the need to let my crazy flag fly and start voicing the thoughts of the pets of strangers.

But Dorothy seems to have that effect on people.  They feel her sidewalk sit means something, and I guess they want to help her voice her discontent.

Okay people, carry on!  Make Dorothy not want to walk in all sorts of voices and all sorts of languages.  But know that once you pass by, and we remain at a stand-still, bulldogge-butt firmly planted on the ground, I am rolling my eyes a little at your back.

Dorothy is pretty sure she didn't say a word:

No comments: