Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Woodland Critter

Our backyard rabbit, Peter, seems to have vacated the premises.  He did that last year, too -- he was in our yard for May and June and then mostly gone in July and August.  We did see a large rabbit on our driveway this week, but I don't think it was the same Peter.

A few days, ago, however, we noticed that we have a new visitor!  And he seems to have set up a pied a terre under our garden shed.  The other day Sean was able to get a good photo of the fine fellow:


Welcome!  We don't really have a garden in the backyard yet, so he is welcome to munch on whatever he can find there.  Our elderberries are beginning to ripen, and I've noticed that the birds are all devouring them.  At one point I had thoughts of making an elderberry crumble or buckle or grunt, but ennui is causing me to be generous to the birds.  Berry away, my fine feathered friends!

No comments: