Monday, February 27, 2017

Villain Pens


It was the night before picture day at Owen’s school, and he had pen on his face so I was making sure to scrub it off him in the bath.  Then, apparently because I am a mean person, I told him that maybe the pen would sneak up the stairs in the middle of the night and creep into his room and try to draw a mustache on his face.  As one does.  So then Owen decided he needed to set up a guard in his room, and drafted all his stuffed animals to serve in his pen-fighting army.  Now most of the surfaces in his bedroom look like this:


And days later, when I suggested that it was time to put them away, he gave me a horrified look and said, “But Mom!  The pen still might sneak in and draw a mustache on my face!”  Oh dear.  Does your kid need to be creeped out?  Because I’ll be glad to think of something that will torment him or her.  Apparently it’s a talent of mine.

No comments: